Settings - Mobile Web
Please note all steps must be completed to ensure the settings are correctly configured.
Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not a zero.
- Press the Menu key (white key)
- Tap Settings
- Tap Connectivity
- Tap Destinations
- Tap Access point
- Tap No to the question, Automatically check for available access points?
- Tap Packet data
- Tap the text box to enter O2 Mobile Web when entered tap the green tick, then tap OK (left soft key)
- Tap Internet
- On the Network destinations screen, tap Internet
- Tap O2 Mobile Web twice
- Skip past Connection name and Data bearer as you've already filled these in
- Tap Access point name and tap the text box to enter, mobile.o2.co.uk , when entered tap the green tick, then tap OK
- Tap Username and tap the text box to enter o2web, when entered tap the green tick, then tap OK (left soft key)
- Skip past Prompt password as this is preset at No
- Tap Password and tap the text box to enter password, when entered tap the green tick, then tap OK
- Tap Authentication until it shows Normal
- Skip past Homepage as this is preset at None
- Tap Use access point until it shows After confirmation
- Tap Options and then tap Advanced settings
- Skip past Network type as this is preset to IPv4
- Skip past Phone IP address as this is preset to Automatic
- Skip past DNS addresses as this is preset to Automatic
- Tap Back twice.
- Tap Options
- Tap Organise and then tap Change priority
- Tap the position you require (this would usally be number 1) and then tap OK
- Tap Back five times, to return to the standby screen.
What to do next
Switch your handset off and then back on to complete your settings.
However if you are still experiencing any issues using this service, please contact O2 Customer Services.